Russian study visa
In order to come to Russia for the Russian language course, the majority of foreign citizens have to obtain a Russian study visa. Russian study visa is issued in a Russian Consulate on the basis of the inviting document. Ruslanguage school provides its students with Letters of Invitation necessary for obtaining Russian one- or multi-entry study visa for a period of the Russian language course from several weeks to 1 year, with possibility of further extension.
Inviting documents are divided into two types:
- Letter of Invitation for a short-term stay up to 3 months. The document is issued within 1-3 working days and is forwarded to the applicant in scanned version via email. This type of Invitation allows to obtain a single-entry non-extendable study visa for the citizens of European Union.
- Invitation for a stay of 3 months and more. The document is issued through Russian Federal Migration Service during 3-4 weeks and is sent to the applicant by mail*. This type of Invitation allows to obtain a 3-month single-entry extendable type of study visa which is prolonged in Moscow for further period of the program, up to one year. After extension visa becomes multi-entry. This type of Invitation is also required for all non-EU citizens (e.g. the USA, Great Britain, Australia, Canada, Japan), regardless of their Russian language programs’ duration.
* Mail delivery expenses are covered by the applicant upon arrival to Moscow.
Citizens of the following countries do not need visa to come to Russia:
- Montenegro, Serbia — for a stay up to 30 days;
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Israel, Peru, Venezuela — for a stay up to 90 days.
If a student from the above-listed countries comes for a period exceeding 30 or 90 days respectively, the School prepares the second type of Invitation for them to apply for the Russian visa.
NB: According to the rules of the Russian legislation, foreign citizens who enter Russia must register their visas within the first 7 working days, including the day of arrival. As an inviting organization, Ruslanguage School registers visas of the invited students. The student is obliged to come to the school’s office the next day after arrival to Russia to start registration process. Registration of visa is provided free of charge.
To start the process of Russian visa support the applicant should complete the following steps:
- Fill in an on-line application form on the school’s website
- Send the scanned copy of the first page of the passport by email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: If a student requires the first type of Invitation, their passport must be valid at least 6 months from the start date of visa. If a student requires the second type of Invitation, their passport must be valid at least 18 months from the start date of visa.