How to get a Russian Visa
In order to come to Russia for a study program, the majority of foreign citizens have to obtain a Russian study visa. Visa is issued at a Russian Consulate on the basis of the inviting document. Ruslanguage school provides its students with Invitations necessary for obtaining Russian one- or multi-entry study visas for a period of the study program - from several weeks to 1 year, with possibility of further extension.
Inviting documents are available in two types:
- Letter of Invitation from the school. The document is issued by Ruslanguage school within 1-2 working days and is sent to the applicant via email. This type of Invitation allows to obtain a single-entry non-extendable study visa for the citizens of European Union for a short period of stay (up to 90 days).
- Invitation from Ministry of Internal Affairs (the General Directorate for Migration). The document is issued by the authorities within 3-4 weeks. Then the Invitation is available directly at the Russian Consulate where a student is going to apply for visa. This type of Invitation is required for all non-EU citizens (e.g. the USA, Great Britain, Australia, Canada, etc.) and for students who are coming for a long-term program (more than 3 months). Visa arranged with this type of Invitation is single-entry at first and turns multi-entry upon extension. Visa extension is made in Moscow by the school.
Citizens of some countries do not need visa to come to Russia:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cuba, Montenegro, Serbia, Thailand — for a stay up to 30 days;
- South Korea - for a stay up to 60 days;
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Macedonia, Peru — for a stay up to 90 days.
Ruslanguage school provides visa support to the applicants if their stay is going to exceed the allowed visa-free period.
NB: According to the Russian legislation, foreign citizens must register their visas within 5 working days from the moment of arrival to Russia. As an inviting organization, Ruslanguage School provides registration to its students. To get visa registered on time, the student is obliged to come to the school’s office the next working day after arrival to Russia. Registration of visa is included in visa support service.
To start the process of Russian visa support, the applicant should follow these steps:
- Fill in an on-line application form on the school’s website
- Send the scanned copy of the first page of the passport by email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB:If a student requires the Letter of Invitation issued by the School, passport must be valid at least 6 months from the start date of visa. If a student requires the Invitation arranged through Ministry of Internal Affairs, passport must be valid at least 18 months from the start date of visa.